HOP’s AMI(Advanced metering infrastructure) is an integrated system of smart energy meters, communications networks, and data management systems that enables two-way communication between utilities and customers’ meter. Various reliable communication channels are available such as PLC, RS485, M-Bus, GPRS, 3G, 4G, RF, LoRa, NB-IoT, Ethernet/LAN, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
Previously, information and energy have flowed in one direction only – from the utility to the meter. With AMI system, both utilities and customers can share information about energy usage in real time thus boosting efficiency.
The system provides a number of important functions that were not previously possible or had to be performed manually, such as the ability to automatically and remotely measure electricity use, connect and disconnect service, detect tampering, identify and isolate outages, and monitor voltage. Combined with customer technologies, such as in-home displays and programmable communicating thermostats, AMI also enables utilities to offer new time-based rate programs and incentives that encourage customers to reduce peak demand and manage energy consumption and costs.
Benefits to the Utilities
1. Reduce utilities’ operating costs for metering and billing
2. Provide accurate and real-time consumption data
3. Enhance operational efficiency and system reliability
4. Help our consumer troubleshoot high-bill problems by providing information about power consumption patterns, outage and blink count history and voltage information, reducing customers’ complaint.
5. Improves customer satisfaction
6. Lower outage costs and fewer inconveniences for customers from faster outage restoration
7. Cloud structure and various communication options
8. Analyze and detect user power theft events in a timely manner
Benefits to the Electricity Users
1. Reduce electricity cost effectively
2. Know monthly bills accurately and clearly
3. Get more informed choices on energy usage.
4. Resolves billing questions more efficiently
5. Control easily over electricity consumption, costs, and bills via web portals, cellphone or APP